If you are currently in your menstruating years, it’s important that you experience an harmonious menstrual cycle. The length of the menstrual cycle can vary anywhere from 20 to 40 days, but cycles longer than six weeks are considered unusual. Many conditions can affect the frequency and quality of your menstrual cycle, and acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicines may offer you some great options for:
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
- Painful periods
- Heavy periods
- No periods
- Fertility or subfertility
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Skin issues, acne
- Genital herpes
- Painful intercourse
Fertility & Sub-fertility
For fertile couples in their twenties having regular unprotected sex, the chance of conceiving each month is only 25%. So, if you are wanting to boost your fertility it’s important to be in tune with your body, especially your menstrual cycle.
Take your time to prepare for conception, make sure that your body is in optimal shape as it takes four and a half months for the follicle in your ovary to develop to a mature egg. Use this time to optimize your diet, build your exercise routine and balance your lifestyle – the healthy trinity!
- One in six couples are infertile. In 40 per cent of cases the problem rests with the male, in 40 per cent with the female, 10 per cent with both partners, and in a further 10 per cent of cases, the cause is unknown.
- Fertility problems strike one in three women over 35.
- One in 25 males has a low sperm count and one in 35 is sterile.
- The chance of conceiving in an IVF cycle is on average around 20 per cent (but varies due to individual circumstances).
There is an increasing body of evidence to support the positive relationship between Chinese medicine and pregnancy rates. If you are currently undergoing IVF or other Assisted Reproductive Technologies, please also schedule a pre- and post-transfer acupuncture treatment.
Pregnancy & Birth
How wonderful, you are expecting! Hopefully, your pregnancy is going well and you feel great. Sometimes, some conditions can arise that will make you feel uncomfortable, impaired, very sick or pose a risk to you and your unborn baby. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine may provide you with some exceptional options. However, in risky cases, we will work along with specialists:
- Morning sickness
- Digestive problems
- Aches and pains in general
- Colds and flus
- Elevated blood pressure
- Yeast infections
- Minor headaches
- Minor skin rashes or irritations
- Anxiety and depression
- Induction of labour
- Breech positions
- Insufficient lactation
- Post pregnancy care
The ‘change of life’ can be easy for some and very difficult for others. We understand menopause from the Chinese medicine perspective and offer a range of natural options including acupuncture and herbal medicine. We encourage you to start treatment at the first onset of symptoms such as hot flushes, erratic emotions, sleeping problems or other.
- Hot flushes
- Mood swings
- Vaginal dryness
- Anxiety, depression and irritability
- Memory lapses